Episode One: The Great Detective Turned Small (エピソード"ONE" 小さくなった名探偵 Episōdo "Wan" Chīsakunatta Meitantei) is the sixth TV Special of Detective Conan. The special is a retelling of the first and part of the second episode of the series.
Sherry Opening Scene Edit
Aquarium Scene Edit
Gin and Vodka's Meeting Scene Edit
A man walks into a bar called "Black Widow" and sits next to Vodka and orders the same drink. The make an exchange of money for information. Gin appears and sits on the other side of the man and announces that the Organization was havaing a rat problem. He also says that the drink they were drinking was called "XYZ", a drink made from Rum and lemon juice, which is mentioned to imply an "end". The man quickly tried to defend himself by saying that he isn't a rat and tries to excuse himself. He gets into his car, but is hesitant to start it for fear that it may explode. The car starts right up, which results in him trying to put on his seat belt, which again is met with hesitation. With this out of the way he shifts the car into drive and it immediately explodes.
Haido's Karate Champion Edit
Suzuki Family Scene Edit
Karate Tournament Scene Edit
Case 1: Crime at the Private Mansion Edit
Takanori Sewa is behind for all of this.
Case 2: Roller Coaster Murder Case Edit
The culprit is Hitomi. She had dated Kishida in the past and was dumped by him. She killed him with a necklace he had purchased for her and tried to shift the blame to Kishida's new girlfriend, Aiko, by leaving a knife in her hand bag.
Chasing the Men in Black Edit
Later at Shinichi's House Edit
Flash Forward Edit
New York Scene Edit
Sherry Closing Scene Edit
Manga to Special ChangesEdit
Main article: List of differences between the manga and anime
- In the manga, the victim of the first case was the mansion owner's wife. In this version, similar to the original episode, a bank president named Yamazaki was killed instead.
- Both Gin and Conan are shown in possession of cell phones in scenes that originally did not contain them.
- In the manga, Gin uses a metal rod to knock out Shinichi. Whereas in this version he uses his retractable walking stick, which makes more sense since a such a blow to the head would have left him with more than a minor injury.
- Hina Wada, a character created rather recently in the manga, gets a brief scene where she apprehends a thief by herself.
- Characters not yet created at the start of the manga (like Wataru Takagi, Kazunobu Chiba, Chianti and Korn) get cameos in the special.
Anime to Special ChangesEdit
- In the original episode 1, Yamazaki was shot in the chest, in this version he is stabbed with a knife.
- The news castors that are talking about Shinichi as he walks by have been replaced by Rena Mizunashi and a co-host.
- The scenes with the Detective Boys sneaking into the Mystery Coaster and finding the pearl strand were cut. Instead, Shinichi and Ran encounter them playing soccer earlier in the Special.
- Ran and Shinichi visit Sonoko and her parents right before Sewa kills Yamazaki. Sewa himself is there and briefly freaks out when he realizes Shinichi's identity.
- The karate tournament won by Ran is shown. Additionally, both Makoto and Sonoko are seen and it's stated that this is when Makoto fell in love at first sight with Sonoko.
- Instead of a shining white light censor, we see a dark blood fountain during the decapitation scene. There's so much blood that Ran gets all stained with it.
- During the flash forward, the scene where Akemi Miyano is killed is exactly like how it was in the original manga, while the anime altered this scene so that she would live, and later another episode had to be made in order to fix the plothole.
- Shiho sees Shinichi and Ran came from Nazo.
- The subtitle of this episode "The Great Detective Turned Small" (Chīsakunatta Meitantei) is the same title that was used by File 002 of the manga.
- During Yusaku and Yukiko's brief appearance, they are in their "Night Baron" and "Fumiyo Edogawa" disguise from Conan Edogawa Kidnapping Case.
- During the scene where Eri is talking to Kogoro over the phone, a calico cat is shown lying on her desk. This is Eri's previous cat that is mentioned in File 528, it had died a month earlier off screen resulting in her taking in Goro from a friend. Since this Special takes place before that, her first cat is still alive.
- The number Ran bears during the karate tournament is "910", which can also be read as "Kudo" in Japanese.
- On the cover of Eri Multiplies Ran's texts for Shinichi are the exact same structure and content that were on Ran's note in this special: the note she left for him after their date at Tropical Land in, the one where Shiho finds with a picture of Shinichi and Ran.
For the full gallery see: Episode One: The Great Detective Turned Small/Gallery
|High Ranking||The Boss • Rum • Gin • Vermouth|
|Other Agents||Vodka • Kir (undercover) • Chianti • Korn • Bourbon (undercover)|
|Deceased Agents||Akemi Miyano • Tequila • Pisco • Atsushi Miyano • Elena Miyano • Calvados • Rikumichi Kusuda • Ethan Hondou (undercover) • Scotch (undercover)|
|Former Agents||Shiho Miyano/Sherry (Ai Haibara) • Shuichi Akai/Dai Moroboshi/Rye (undercover) • Ki'ichiro Numabuchi|
|Extended canon||Yoshiaki Hara (movie only) • Irish (movie only) • Masaaki Okakura (movie only) • Arrack (special manga only) • Generic (special manga only) • Blackbeard (special manga only) • Antonio Gomez (shogakukan learning series only) • Kate Lauren (playstation only) • Curaçao (movie only) • Stout (movie only) • Aquavit (movie only) • Riesling (movie only)|
|Related Articles||Black Organization timeline • APTX 4869 • Nanatsu no Ko • Scar Akai • List of Black Organization related characters • Vermouth timeline • Suguru Itakura • Kohji Haneda case|
|Manga||Roller Coaster Murder Case • ¥1,000,000,000 Robbery • Bullet-Train Bombing • Game Convention Case • Missing Older Brother Case • Murdered Professor Case • Hotel Party Murder Case • Bus Hijacking Case • Escalator Message Case • Golden Apple Case • Footsteps of Darkness • Meeting with Vodka • Four Porsches Case • Bathroom Murder Case • Halloween Party Case • Black Organization vs. FBI • Mysterious Job Case • Kir Transport Case • Foreign Suspect Case • Department Store Bomber Case • Online Client • Mystery Train • Tennis Meetup • A Shrine to Remember • Elementary Teacher Assault • Scarlet Showdown • Girls Band Murder Case • Soul Detective Murder Case • A song named ASACA|
|Anime||Roller Coaster Murder Case • Game Company Murder Case • The Black Organization: One Billion Yen Robbery Case • The Girl from the Black Organization and the University Professor Murder Case • Reunion with the Black Organization • The Mysterious Passenger • The Secret Rushed Omission • Shinichi Kudo's New York Case • On the Trail of a Silent Witness • Contact with the Black Organization • The Four Porsches • Hidden Bathroom Secret • Head-to-Head Match with the Black Organization: A Dual Mystery on a Full Moon Night • Black Impact! The Moment the Black Organization Reaches Out • The Shadow of the Black Organization • Clash of Red and Black • The Crisis Beckoned by the Red Omen • Detectives' Nocturne • The Jet-Black Mystery Train • Conan in a Locked Room • Jodie's Memories and the Cherry Blossom Viewing Trap • The Scarlet Return • The Shadow Approaching Amuro (TV original) • The Unfriendly Girls Band|
|Movies and Specials||Countdown to Heaven • Time Travel of the Silver Sky • Black History • The Raven Chaser • Shinichi Kudo Returns! Confrontation with the Black Organization • The Darkest Nightmare|
|Special Manga||The Wish Put on the Airship • The Black Organization...Revealed • Protect the Luxury Liner from the Virus|
|Playstation||Foreign country building Town Murder case|